The College Counseling Office works with students and their families throughout all four years at Detroit Cristo Rey.
Many of our students are the first in their families to attend college, therefore we coach both parents and students on the college application process and the college experience.
Our counselors work with students to identify colleges that match their interests and strengths. College counselors offer guidance on college planning, the college application process, standardized tests, financial aid, scholarships and summer enrichment programs. Each year, we host college admission representatives.
College Counseling Services for Our Students
- Individual meetings throughout the school year to discuss the importance of college enrollment and college readiness.
- College visits and the opportunity to meet with college students.
- Guidance in identifying a variety of colleges that match the strengths and interests of the student.
- Weekly notifications on college scholarship opportunities.
- College essay and application review.
- Guidance on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and other financial aid.
- Parent meetings to discuss their child’s college choice and cost for college.